COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Whether or not to provide such information is your choice. However, if you choose not to provide the required relevant information, you may be unable to purchase products; access certain services; receive special offers; or view the entire content of the Website. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, e-mail or standard mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive communications from us.
USING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use the personal information that you provide to us in order to respond to your questions; fulfill orders for products and services purchased via the Website; confirm your orders; and perform any other services you may request through the Website. We also use your contact information to send you information, advertising and promotional materials about CoSport and our products, services and upcoming events. We may also call persons who provide their telephone numbers to us via the Website in order to provide you with information about CoSport and our products, services and upcoming events.
From time to time we establish business relationships with third parties who we have determined to be trustworthy and who have Privacy Policies consistent with our own. These third parties (including but not limited to hotels and ground transportation companies) perform services on our behalf and are known as our “Select Partners”. In such cases we might need to share and cross-reference information, including personal information (which for the avoidance of doubt does not include your credit card information) about you that will enable such Select Partners to provide you with your purchased goods and services.
We reserve the right to disclose aggregated information about users of our Website to Select Partners, Event Providers and other third parties. For example, we may disclose to any of these parties that X% of Website users reside in United States, or Y% of Website users purchased Volleyball tickets. Our disclosure of aggregate information does not permit the recipient of such data to identify or contact any individual users of the Website.
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us to our third-party service providers, provided that such service providers have agreed to only use such personal information to the extent necessary to perform services on behalf of CoSport (for example, to deliver the goods/services you have purchased).
We use the billing information that you voluntarily provide to us solely to charge you for products and services you have ordered via the Website. Please note that CoSport does not store or keep any of our customers’ credit card numbers or banking information.
CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
In order to change or modify information previously provided by you, please log on to our Website and choose My Account and update your information using the options set forth therein. CoSport will not be responsible for any issues (such as products mailed to a previous address) which are the result of you not keeping your information up to date.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN
CoSport, does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of that child's parent or guardian.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information on this Website or to anyone online. We encourage parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web-filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
Parental Consent and Rights of Parents
Before knowingly soliciting or collecting personal information from a child under age 13, CoSport will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the parent or guardian of the child: (a) receives notice of our personal information collection, use and disclosure practices; and also (b) authorizes in writing for the collection and/or use of personal information from the child.
USE OF LOG FILES
As true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol addresses (IP), browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
When a user accesses web pages on our Website, our servers automatically log the user's information. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
What are cookies?
After a browser session is terminated, most of the cookies we use are deleted from your hard drive (“session cookies”). The so-called “persistent cookies” remain on your computer for the period of time specified in the cookie and enable us to recognize you upon your next visit. Third party cookies are placed by our business partners and service providers, for example to process payments and help us measure Website visitors. We do not control third party cookies.
Which types of cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are necessary for the provision of the Website and our services. These cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or to remember what items you added into your shopping cart.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies serve to recognize you and help us to remember the choices you have made so that we can personalize our content for you, welcome you by your name and store your preferences (e.g. your language or country settings). These cookies do not track your browsing activities on other websites.
- Analytic / performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymized or pseudonymized data on how our services are used. For example, we use Google Analytics (see below) to understand how customers reach our Website, navigate through and use it, and improve the functionality of our website and applications. The data stored by these cookies does not contain any personal data.
The use of social media plugins
For data protection reasons, we do not directly include social media plugins (e.g. the Facebook “like” button) in our web presence. Therefore, when you enter our Website, no data is transferred to social media platforms.
Third Party Cookies Used on Our Website
AddThis (Functionality Cookie)
These functionality cookies enable you to use social media functionality, e.g. you can use these cookies to share an item on our Website with third parties or recommend the website to third parties.
Google Analytics (Analytical/performance cookie)
These analytical and performance cookies collect specific information that can be used in various combinations; this information is used for the purpose of reporting and analyzing website and marketing performance to assist us in making improvements to our Website, applications and services.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Website is generally transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Since we have activated IP anonymization, Google shortens your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity to Website operators and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
Google Maps (Functionality Cookie)
When you use Google Maps, information about your use (in particular the IP address of your computer) is transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. We have no influence over the further processing of data by Google.
The ‘Help’ function of most web browsers can help you manage cookies, including how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, make your browser inform you of a new cookie, or disable cookies. However, if you disable or refuse to accept cookies you may find that this affects your ability to use certain parts of our Website.
SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use industry-standard security techniques to provide secure transmission of your personal information from your computer to our servers, and to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information we have collected at the Website. When you transmit any billing information via the Website, we use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password, and for all uses of your password. You should remember to sign out of your CoSport account and close your browser window when you have finished using the Website, in order to protect against others' use of the Website under your password. For your protection, we will never ask you to divulge your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
We will occasionally send you information, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Special offers and updates on products, services, special deals and promotions
- Service related announcements – on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so, we may suspend service for maintenance.
- Select partner services which are required to provide the services you have requested or purchased
In sending you the information listed above, CoSport utilizes a third-party e-mail service. This is a secure e-mail service which is only used to help facilitate sending our customers special offers and news related to CoSport. At all times, you have the option of “opting-out" of receiving any future e-mail updates by sending us an e-mail via CONTACTING US below, with unsubscribe in the subject line and the specific correspondence you do not want to receive in the body of the message.
When you enter information on the Website to register an account or make a purchase, the personal information is used to provide you with requested information and process your order(s). The collection and use of your information will always have a lawful basis, either (i) it is necessary for CoSport’s performance of a contract with you, (ii) you have consented to CoSport’s use of your information, or (iii) it is in CoSport’s legitimate interests. At all times CoSport’s processing of your personal information is compliant with the applicable data protection regulations (including but not limited to EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)). Accordingly, under GDPR you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed about our collection and use of information;
- the right of access to the information we hold about you;
- the right to rectification if any information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to be forgotten (subject to certain legal requirements);
- the right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your information;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to us using your information for particular purposes (i.e. opting out of receiving emails); and
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
For any of the above requests, you can contact CoSport’s privacy officer at the CONTACTING US section below
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by CoSport. Please be aware that CoSport is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave CoSport and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information, including those of our Select Partners.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, we may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers: such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Demographic information: such as your age and gender.
- Commercial information: such as information that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including purchasing tendencies and order history, and areas of interest.
- Location information: such as information related to your state, city, or neighborhood.
- Financial information: such as information collected from you as needed to process payments for products or services that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in optional services and programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Internet and network activity information: such as information about your browsing behavior, search history, and interactions with websites and advertisements, including data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons.
- Inferences regarding preferences and other characteristics: such as our assessment of the types of products or services you may have an interest in (e.g., future events).
Under Nevada law, you may direct a business that operates an internet website not to sell certain personal information a business has collected or will collect about you. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their right to opt-out of a sale under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to opt-out to firstname.lastname@example.org .
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Data
CoSport understands that you may want to change or access your personal information. To change your personal information, sign in and go to your account page. You may submit requests to change or remove personal information by emailing email@example.com.
PO Box 905
Far Hills, NJ 07931
Calling us: Telephone +1 908 326 2660
Fax +1 908 234 0270
Last Updated: June 1, 2022.
© 2000 - 2022 CoSport. All rights reserved.